Fortunately, SLA's Information Outlook (v. 14, no. 10 (Oct.-Nov.2010)) has provided a summary, listing these categories of web users:
- Creators develop social content by blogging, uploading music or videos and so on.
- Conversationalists voice their opinions to other consumers using vehicles such as SNS and Twitter.
- Critics respond to content from others--they post reviews, comment on blogs, and edit wikis.
- Collectors organize content for themselves or others using RSS feeds, tags, and voting sites such as Digg.
- Joiners connect in social networks such as Facebook and MySpace.
- Spectators consume social content.
- Inactives neither create nor consume content.